Why become a Marianist?
|Bro. Dennis Bautista was searching for a more meaningful life when he began exploring the idea of a vocation with the Marianists.|
|“This is the life I was looking for,” he says. “I felt called to be a brother – someone who shows Christ to others. This is what makes me most happy.”|
|Bro. Dennis has found satisfaction in his Marianist life in community, a strong devotion to the Blessed Mother and a career as a professor of communications at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio.|
|A joyful life in service to the Church and others is why Bro. Dennis became a Marianist.|
|Read more about his faith journey.|
The Marianists are:
- Men of faith: We are moved by the Holy Spirit to follow Jesus.
- Dedicated to Mary: She is our model of discipleship. We are inspired by her example to bring forth Christ for others.
- Men of community: We believe that living simply, praying daily and supporting each other as a community enriches our faith and strengthens our ability to grow and meet challenges.
- A discipleship of equals: Brothers and priests serve side by side and serve each other. Priesthood is seen as a ministry, not a step up the ladder.
- Leaders in mission: Our mission is to bring Christ to the world and to work for the coming of his kingdom.
Want to learn more? Please contact:
Bro. Tom Wendorf, SM, vocation director
314.533.1207, ext. 224