Partners in Urban Leadership, Service and Education
PULSE is a post-graduate, servant leadership and social justice initiative sponsored by the Marianists. It is a means of sharing the Marianist charism through energetic women and men who want to make a positive impact on an urban community.
PULSE volunteers make a one- or two-year commitment to live with fellow volunteers in a lower-income neighborhood of Dayton, Ohio. They work full-time at local nonprofit agencies, gaining valuable leadership and career skills.
The life of a PULSE volunteer includes:
- Gathering for meals and prayer in the house community.
- Living simply in solidarity with the poor and marginalized.
- Engaging in a weekly Marianist formation program.
- Journeying alongside a spiritual mentor.
- Experiencing the passion and satisfaction of working for social justice.
PULSE was launched in 2015; the first cadre of volunteers began service in mid-2016. For 2017-2018, PULSE expanded to include two community houses.
Applications for the 2023-2024 program year are now available. To request an application, please fill out a quick Application Request.
For more information about Marianist PULSE or to schedule a virtual meeting, please book a time at marianistpulse.youcanbook.me
Please contact program coordinator, Maureen O’Rourke with any questions!