The Marianist Province of the United States
Development Officer, Southern Region
San Antonio, Texas
ABOUT THE MARIANIST PROVINCE OF THE UNITED STATES The Society of Mary (also known as the Marianists) was founded in France in 1817 by Blessed William Joseph Chaminade. More than 300 Marianist brothers and priests comprise the Province of the United States. They serve in communities and ministries from Honolulu to Puerto Rico and in Eastern Africa, India, Ireland and Mexico. In the United States, Marianists sponsor the University of Dayton in Ohio, St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Chaminade University of Honolulu, 18 high schools, seven parishes and four retreat centers. For more information, please visit http://www.marianist.com.
Implement a plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and planned gift donors to the Province’s fundraising programs, including a capital campaign as well as ongoing fundraising efforts. The primary regional focus will be in Texas and Florida.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the position will work in partnership with the regional Development Advisor. The position will not manage any staff in the immediate future.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Increase financial support among donors giving $5,000+ within an assigned portfolio raising both major and planned gifts to reach established annual fundraising goals.
- Oversee all stages of donor relationships including: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Identify potential new sources of support and creative ways to engage current prospects.
- Manage all components of raising funds for priorities as assigned by the Provincial Council.
- Engage a portfolio of 100-150 donors to be assigned based on geography and/or interest and background data with the Development Office Donor Relations in St. Louis. Make frequent face-to-face visits to meet with prospects and donors on a regular basis.
- Assist in producing proposals, supporting documentation, and other correspondence.
- Work closely with local Marianists to assist in developing donor relationships whenever feasible and clearly communicate the Marianist charism to donors.
- Work in Raiser’s Edge and Research Point to manage donor records and activities and ensure thorough recordkeeping including maintaining records
- Adhere to AFP Code of Ethics in Fundraising policy and work within the gift acceptance policies established by the Province.
- Perform other special functions as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of and desire to embrace the mission of the Society of Mary and the Marianist Province of the United States.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles and best practices associated with major gift fundraising.
- At least five years of major and planned giving experience including demonstrated skills in gift solicitation.
- Ability to think strategically, write effectively, speak persuasively, and listen attentively.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or CFRE.
- Experience with donor databases, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
- A commitment to customer service, ability to be discreet with confidential information, and a deep desire to work with donors and build relationships.
- Ability and willingness to travel and to perform weekend and evening work.
Please send resume and cover letter to Holly Lang, Search Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all applications.
This description is not intended, nor should be construed, to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.