The mission of the Marianist Lay Community of North America is to energize Marianist laity to be vibrant animators of the Marianist charism and to breathe new life in our Marianist vocation and commitment.
MLC-NA represents and serves Marianist laity across North America. MLC-NA is the national organization that, through its affiliation with the International Organization of Marianist Lay Communities, gives Marianist laity a face, and official recognition within the Marianist Family, and by the Vatican, as an official branch of the Marianist Family. MLC-NA is comprised of individual members as well as the membership of Marianist Lay Communities across North America.
Inspired by the Marianist founders and enlivened with Family spirit, MLC-NA supports the Marianist laity in fulfilling our distinctive call of bearing Jesus, son of Mary, to the world.
Over the next five years, MLC-NA will pay special attention to partnering with Marianist religious and encouraging the generous donation of time, talent, and treasure to our common, collaborative mission.
- Allowing ourselves to be transformed by Mary in order to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, son of Mary, throughout our lives
- Inviting all to participate in Marianist life
- Building relationships and community
- Fostering our connection to the wider international Marianist movement and taking ownership of being an ecclesial movement in the church
- Collaborating with all branches of the Marianist Family
- Offering formation support
- Including the poor and marginalized in both membership and mission outreach
- Working towards being financially self sufficient
As a registered, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, MLNNA relies on dues and contributions to support its efforts. In addition to MLC-NA’s own work, it also supports the Marianist Lay Formation Initiative (MLFI) and the Marianist Social Justice Collaborative (MSJC).