The Marianist Lay Community of North America is a lay association of the faithful, and is the lay branch of the Marianist Family. It is a member of the International Organization of Marianist Lay Community (IO-MLC) and its members make up local and virtual Small Christian Communities across North America. The Marianist Lay Community offers laity a way of being church. Communities enjoy fellowship, formation, education, social activities, prayer, and more. Individual communities are autonomous and self governed, although their identity as a Marianist Community coincides with being enrolled in the Marianist Lay Community of North America.
Volunteer leaders of the MLC-NA represent and serve Marianist laity across North America. MLC-NA offers formation opportunities, sponsors triennial national assemblies, maintains a national membership roster/database, publishes a monthly newsletter, and maintains a relationship with the Marianist Family Council of North America and the International Organization of Marianist Lay Communities.
Inspired by the Marianist founders and enlivened with Family spirit, MLC-NA supports the Marianist laity in fulfilling our distinctive call of bearing Jesus, son of Mary, to the world.
Based on its Strategic Plan, over the next five years, MLC-NA will pay special attention to partnering with Marianist religious and encouraging the generous donation of time, talent, and treasure to our common, collaborative mission.
- Allowing ourselves to be transformed by Mary in order to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, son of Mary, throughout our lives
- Inviting all to participate in Marianist life
- Building relationships and community
- Fostering our connection to the wider international Marianist movement and taking ownership of being an ecclesial movement in the church
- Collaborating with all branches of the Marianist Family
- Offering formation support
- Including the poor and marginalized in both membership and mission outreach
- Working towards being financially self sufficient
You can learn more about the Marianist Lay Community of North America and how members live their Marianist commitment by reading the Guide to Life in the Marianist Lay Community of North America.
As a registered, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, MLC-NA relies on dues and contributions to support its efforts. In addition to MLC-NA’s own work, it also supports Marianist Lay Formation and the Marianist Social Justice Collaborative (MSJC), and makes an annual contribution to the IO-MLC.